Promoting investments in small to medium scale renewable energy technologies in the electricity sector of Guinea Bissau
UNIDO and ALER, are partnering on activities to promote south-south energy cooperation between Guinea Bissau and other Portuguese speaking lusophone countries and the execution of the SDG-7 (SE4ALL) campaign for Guinea Bissau.
The main purpose is to attract international and regional companies and financiers to invest in the defined sustainable energy priority projects in Guinea Bissau and to promote knowledge exchange with other Portuguese speaking countries in Africa.
Main tasks and deliverables are the following:
- Development, publication and dissemination of the "Guinea Bissau Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency Status Report", as part of the ALER status report series;
- Organization of a Guinea-Bissau investment workshop in the format of a side-event at the SE4ALL Forum in Lisbon in May 2018;
- Take the lead in the organization of the "Guinea Bissau Sustainable Energy Forum and Technology Expo"; to create synergies with other ALER countries and industry players;
- Organization of a regional mini-grid training workshop for African Portuguese-speaking countries and fieldtrips;
- All mentioned activities above will be accompanied with regular online-campaigning and awareness raising through the ALER website/newsletter.
The project duration is 14 months, running until 31 December 2018.