ARE AWARDS 2017
The Alliance for Rural Electrification (ARE) has recently launched the call for proposals for the ARE AWARDS 2017.
By discerning these awards, ARE wishes to highlight the energy access work done and results achieved by the most passionate and innovative stakeholders and to stimulate the exchange of knowledge.
The ARE AWARDS ceremony will take place during the evening reception of the ARE Energy Access Investment Summit in Lisbon (Portugal) on 22 March 2017. The winners will also benefit from worldwide promotion by ARE!
One of the major challenges is to achieve a well-functioning coordination amongst the diverse actors with different backgrounds as represented by the different award categories, assuming that every organisation first needs to attend to its own mission and objectives. With respect to this, ARE again will reward the most effective initiative and/or project implemented with one award per category.
The ARE AWARDS 2017 consist of 6 categories for initiatives and/or projects implemented in 2016:
- Category 1: Multilateral/International Organisations
- Category 2: NGO's and Foundations
- Category 3: Private Sector in Developed Countries
- Category 4: Private Sector in Developing Countries
- Category 5: Government in Developing Country
- Category 6 (NEW): Best Off-Grid Project