Changes at EDM
In June, several changes took place in the internal structure of EDM, ALER’s Members.
New President and Executive Board
In an Ordinary Session of the Council of Ministers on June 17th, EDM elected Marcelino Gildo Alberto as the new President of the Executive Board.
Engineer by profession, Marcelino Gildo Alberto, who had been acting as PCA Advisor, replaces Eng. Aly Sicola Impija, who was dismissed at the same session of the Council of Ministers.
Part of EDM since 1993, Eng. Marcelino Gildo has already performed several functions in the Company, including Head of Department, Project Manager, Project Director, Member of the Executive Board, Advisor to the Executive Board and PCA Advisor. Read more here.
At the General Assembly, held on June 18, EDM also elected the following Members of the Executive Board:
- Noel Govene, Executive Director for the Finance Area;
- Júlio Zeca João Chipauzo, Executive Director for the Production and Transport Area;
- Francisco João Inroga, Executive Director for the Commercial, Distribution and Informatics Area;
- Joaquim Henrique Ou-Chim, Executive Director for the Electrification Area;
- Pedro Jossias Nguelume, Executive Director for the Business Development Area;
- Iolanda Maria Pedro Campos Cintura Seuane, Executive Director for the Human Resources Area.
Eng. Carlos Yum left for Director of the Implementation Office of Mphanda Nkuwa
Mphanda Nkuwa Hydroelectric project has now a new Director of the Implementation Office, Eng. Carlos Yum, who was already involved in the project between 2011 and 2013 when he was responsible for the Business Development Directorate for the large-scale generation infrastructure , medium voltage and transmission at EDM, among which is the regional transmission line of the backbone of Mozambique, Mphanda Nkuwa, Ressano Garcia, Moatize. Read more here.
Electricity tariff reduction
As part of measures to alleviate the impacts of the Covid-19 pandemic, EDM customers will have their energy tariffs reduced in the next six months. The cost of this measure is estimated at around 15 million dollars, which represents a break for EDM. Despite this, the Company is confident in the fulfillment of its plan with regard to the 300 thousand new program connections for the 2020/2021 biennium. Read more here.
Source and Image © EDM