Mini-Grid Market Assessment in Angola Webinar
ALER was a speaker on the webinar Mini-Grid Market Assessment in Angola which took place on July 23rd. The webinar counted with the participation of key stakeholders for the development of green mini grid in Angola, including public entities, development partners and representatives of the private sector with the purpose of jointly discuss the opportunities and challenges posed to the mini grid market in Angola.
The Mini Grid Market Assessment Report in Angola, presented on the webinar, will be available here soon.
This webinar was also attended by:
- Dr. Joseph Ribeiro, Resident Representative of the African Development Bank (AfDB);
- Eng. Serafim Silveira, National Director for Rural Electrification of the Ministry of Energy and Water, who presented the Development of Mini-Grids in Angola - see here the presentation;
- Dr. Yuri Handem, Energy Access Specialist at Carbon Trust, who presented the Mini Grid Market Assessment Report in Angola – see here the presentation;
- Eng. Pedro Torres, installation committee of ASAER (Angolan Renewable Energy Association) - see here the presentation;
- Dr. João Duarte Cunha, Director of the Renewable Energies and Energy Efficiency Department at AfDB.
ALER’s presentation is available here, where we had the opportunity to present the planned activities in Angola, our publications, including the RECP Mini-grid Policy Toolkit, and a brief summary on the current state and the best mini-grid examples in the African Portuguese speaking countries.
Source and Image © AfDB