Retrospective - one year of ALER
On December 15thALER completed one year of existence.
Over its first year of life, ALER has been gaining its place as a major partner for the promotion of renewable energies in Portuguese-speaking countries. We have more than doubled the number of Members, established important partnerships, and organized several activities of which we highlight:
- Definition of ALER´s graphic image and launch of the website, brochure and newsletter;
- Launch of monitoring services;
- Field trips to Mozambique, Sao Tome and Principe and Cape Verde;
- Launch of LERenováveis;
- Participation in the First Conference Energy for the Development of the CPLP;
- Launch of the Sustainable Energy for All decade in CPLP countries;
- Organization of a networking lunch Advisory Board meeting;
- Conduction of a survey on the development prospects of renewable energy in Cape Verde;
- Organization of the workshop "The involvement of the private sector of renewable energies in Cape Verde: Opportunities and Challenges";
- Launch of ALER’s Contacts Directory;
- Support to the organization of the First CPLP Climate Change Congress;
- Organization of the Conference "Renewable Development Prospects in Mozambique: Opportunities and Challenges";
- Signing partnership protocols;
- Participation in the UN Foundation Webinar on Energy Access in Mozambique;
- Reception of 16 new members.
2015 was a very dynamic and full year during which ALER has achieved at a great extent the ambitious goals it has set itself. In 2016 we foresee a period of growth into new geographies and transformation of ALER into an Association recognized at national and international level.
We thank all our Members for recognizing value and interest in ALER’s activities and all who believe in our work.