ASAER - Angolan Renewable Energy Association is created!
On July 8, the first governing bodies of ASAER - Angolan Renewable Energy Association, were elected at a General Assembly held in Luanda.
Here is the complete list of the elected governing bodies:
- Board: Victor Fontes - President; Nuno Gomes - Vice-President; Alda Manuel - Member; Fernando Fernandes - Member; Pedro Torres - Treasurer.
- Fiscal Council: Luis Figueiredo - President; Jorge Nunes - Vice-President; Diassilwa João Vicente - Secretary.
- General Assembly Board: Luis Mourão - President; Mário Fontes - Vice-President; Ana Roque - Secretary.
ASAER's mission is the promotion of renewable energies in Angola.
And according to its vision, being Angola a country with large energy resources of renewable origin, wind and especially hydro and solar, believe that developing, promoting and accelerating the use of all these renewable energy resources and endogenous, are strongly contributing to mitigate the huge deficit of access to energy by the populations, and thus contribute significantly to a socio-economic development of our country, under the paradigm of environmental sustainability.
These are its objectives:
- Represent the interests of Members, acting as the common voice of the Renewable Energy sector in Angola;
- Promote awareness and dissemination of the use and valorisation of renewable natural resources for the sustainable development of Angola;
- To be the interlocutor with the political, economic and social decision-making bodies, as well as any other national bodies or groups
- Promote the development of the market and Renewable Energy projects in Angola.
- Promote and organise the training of national technicians needed for the sector.
- To be a gateway, and a privileged interlocutor with national and foreign investors who wish to invest in the area of Renewable Energies in Angola.
ASAER currently has 44 members, including companies and professionals.
More info here.
Source and Image @ ASAER