Call for AU-EU Projects on renewable energy
The long term Europe-Africa Partnership on Renewable Energy (LEAP-RE) programme, with whom ALER had already collaborate, co-funded by the European Commission (EC) under Horizon 2020 launched the pre announcement to the first Call for AU-EU collaborative research and innovative projects on renewable energy.
The range of activities for collaboration under LEAP-RE, will focus on 6 identified multi-annual roadmaps. The LEAP-RE Joint Call 2021 will fund basic research, applied research, co-development of technologies and experimental development projects that are 12 to 36 months long. However, each funding agency participating to the Call will apply its own rules and regulations regarding eligibility and criteria.
The 6 areas for collaboration are:
- Mapping joint research and innovation actions for the future;
- End-of-life and second-life management and environmental impact of RE components;
- Smart stand-alone systems (SAS);
- Smart grid for off grid application;
- Processes and appliances for productive uses (PRODUSE);
- Innovative solutions for priority domestic uses (modern energy for cooking and cold chain).
The Call will be published on January 15thand the deadline for submission is April 1st.
In order to evaluate the projects submitted to the Call an International Review Panel gathering independent experts proposed by funding agencies will be created. The representant of Portugal is Maria Maia (email@example.com) from Foundation for Science and Technology.
Read the full pre-annoucement here.
Source and Image © LEAP-EU